This project was easy and straightforward, exactly the kind I like! I used nine bells bought from the local metaphysical supplier, three colors of embroidery thread (I had it lying around) and a beautiful strong branch of unknown wood that I picked up in the park last year and has been drying in my garage ever since, just waiting for a project like this.
First, I had to prepare the branch. As I said, it had been drying in my garage for nearly a year, and so it was relatively easy to strip it of its bark with my pocket knife. After it was as clean as I wanted it to be, I took a piece of very high grit sandpaper and sanded it for a good half-hour. With that kind of sanding, it was mostly a beautiful pale white color, and extremely silky - the kind of feel wood takes on after a nice polishing.
I then strung three bells on each of the three lengths of thread, tying them in place. I placed a bunch of three near the top of the branch, and the other six I tried to space evenly along the rest. I then wound the threads around the wand, tying it carefully at each end. For extra insurance to make sure the strings didn't slip, I placed a dab of wood glue at each knot.
And that was it! All together, including the carving and sanding of the branch, it took about two hours - hardly a major time investment! The bells are beautiful; but unfortunately don't give much of a sound except where the three are bunched together at the top. If I ever make another, I think I'll choose the more traditional kind of round jingle bells; they would probably give a better sound. Still, I really love this branch, and I hope it will make a great and atmospheric addition to my future Druid rituals.